Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Jizz, Sox, Dad, Shitfaced and Rosa

When I do a BlogSearch thingy for "jizzing myself" (sorry for getting graffic HMT. I had to get my point across somehow) why does my page not come up? But when people search for "Canadian minimun wage", "is toothpaste necessary?" and "white sox fans are fags" it pops right up? Is there no justice in this world? For the person who needed to ask Google whether toothpaste was necessary, the answer is YES. It is always YES. Didn't your mom teach you anything? Christ.

So I've been on Cloud 93 for the past day. Why you ask? Have I mentioned that the White Sox are in the World Series? And how they're up 2-0 against the Astros? And how Paulie hit a grand fucking slam last night? Or how Scottie Podsednik hit his 2nd home run of the postseason, without having hit a single HR all year, to win the game in the bottom of the 9th? Or how this is probably the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me, probably because I was only 1 when da Bears won in 1986? And how at least 5 people call me after each game because I'm the first person they think of when the Sox win? Oh I have mentioned all that already? Sorry. Just put up with this for a couple more days, then I'll shut the fuck up. But until then, its all Sox all the time. Apparently I can't get enough of asking questions when explaining my love for the Sox. I never claimed to be creative.

Now I don't want the Sox to lose a game Tuesday or Wednesday, but if they do, I'll be able to get drunk with my dad Thursday and watch the game. I haven't been able to watch a game with him yet because he was at the firehouse when I went home 2 weeks ago. Please don't lose tomorrow though. I have a date with a lady friend to go watch the game at a bar that has 50 cent drafts. The Sox winning + 50 cent beers + a sexy lady. Life could not get any better.

This weekend was probably the best one of my life. I saw a Beatles cover band Friday and fell in love with George all over again, all the while sneaking beer into the bar and getting completely shitfaced. Completely fucking shitfaced. Not as bad as Emily though, who doesn't remember racking up a $47 tab on just shots, the walk home, making me order nachos, spilling her change all over trying to scrounge up the other $2.59 we needed and falling asleep in my bed with me. Then she woke up at 8:00 am and was at work by 9:00. I bow down to her, because I had work at 1:00 pm and felt like I was still drunk for the first hour. Then we did the same thing on Saturday night. Fuck yes, I love my roommate.

On a sad note, Rosa Parks died today at 92 years old. I remember when I was in grammar school, once every few weeks we would get "Book Orders" and I would always beg my Mom to order me $100 worth of The BabySitter's Club, Sweet Valley, Goosebumps or other random books. Needless to say I was a huge book worm as a kid, and still am to this day. Anyways, one week in 3rd grade I think, I ordered a biography on Rosa Parks, just out of curiousity. I was amazed at her story; she alone had sparked the Montgomery bus boycott back in 1955 because she refused to move to the back of the bus. Ever since then I've learned so much more about her, but I still remember that she had a brother named Slyvester from that first book I read on her. God knows why things like that stick with me but for some reason it did and I've always admired Rosa, not so much for having a brother named Slyvester, but for doing refusing to give up her seat. In reality she was refusing so much more. RIP Rosa Parks.

5 comments:

HMT said...

I meant "just gets me" in the most positive light possible. no apolagies necessary. it pretty much gave my coyote maple.

Rat In A Cage said...

You better bring a change of panties to the bar.

Rat In A Cage said...

Congratulations!!!!

3-0 & since you're not the 2004 Yankees, you can probably hold off an opponent with a 3-0 games lead.

Rat In A Cage said...

CONGRATS!!!

SWEEP!!!!!!!!!

National League - ha!

HMT said...

yer pretty fucken happy right now