Saturday, October 09, 2004

Just call me Susie Homemaker

I'm becoming so domestic in my old age. Today I did three loads of laundry, ran and emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the bathroom, changed the sheets on my bed and made myself a very nice dinner of fake chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes and applesauce. May not sound like a big deal to you, but I know my mom would shit her pants if she found out I did all of that willingly. (And mind you, I'm not gross, it's not the first time I changed my sheets or cleaned anything here. I just wanted to make that clear.) Everytime I actually clean the bathroom, particulary the toilet, I want to call my mom and tell her. Like she's going to be so proud of me or something. She'd probably be like "Big deal, I've been doing that at home for 21 years." Emily is the clean freak of the three of us who live here, and since she's gone for the weekend, Carly is like "Now we don't have to clean up after ourselves until Sunday!", like I enjoy being a slob like she does. I am not a neat freak by any means, but I do like to live in a clean place. Doesn't everybody? Now I totally understood why my mom yelled at me and my siblings growing up. "Put the dishes in the diswasher!" "If you spill something, wipe it up!" "Change your goddamn sheets!" "If there's no room in the dishwasher, then clean it yourself!" Even this past summer, when I was 20, and living at home, she would have to yell at me to clean off my plate. But then when I'm living at school, I keep my shit in order and bitch about Carly not putting her dishes in the dishwasher. Maybe I clean up after myself because I don't want Emily to yell at me, haha.
Bottom line: Living on my own makes me more responsible. I think. I have to admit the biggest thing I've learned in college is not to drink and smoke pot at the same time, which has nothing to do with being domestic. I used to be able to do it, and most people can do it. I cannot. I get too fucked up and just want to sleep. So I stick to one or the other, and I usually prefer drinking. Maybe that makes me more repsonsible too? Probably not, but who asked you anyways?

I am doing something tonight that I have not done at all this school year. I am staying home on a Friday night. Willingly, at that. Don't call me a loser yet though, I have good reasons.
1. I'm broke
2. Emily is gone. But might be back tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed.
3. Since the football game is away, this weekend is dead anyways.
4. I just don't feel like going out.

Makes sense now, doesn't it? I think so. I watched the Presidental debate tonight, and I don't know why I bother. Maybe I think I'm smarter than the people who don't watch it. But I'm not. Not by a long shot. I don't even understand anything they're talking about. Really the only things I remember is Bush saying, "I know there's rumors out there on the internets about a draft being reinstated, but that's not true." And then when he said "I run a logging business? That's news to me. *Pause for 10 seconds* You want some wood?" That made me laugh hard. InternetS? I didn't realize there was more than one. On that subject, I got my voters registration card for DeKalb today, woo hoo. Don't get too excited for me.

Yay, Jenn just called me from California. Apparently I have become a novelty act for her, because she put Eric and Gabe on the phone just so they could hear me say "blog." I guess I say it weird, but of course it sounds normal to me. I'm not the one with an accent, it's you Sexy Mexy. I mean sheesh, I could barely understand you the first time I talked to you on the phone. Did I make fun? No, of course not. I guess I'm just more sensitive about people's feelings. Haha, just kidding Sexy Mexy. I miss you lady! Come home soon. I want to know seeeeeeeeeeeecrets.

I think I'm going to have a beer right now. I only have one, so I might have to yank some of Carly's rum, or whatever she has. Damnit, she took the rum with her. She's smarter than she looks. I guess I'm going to get trashed by myself tonight on one beer. Goddamn I'm badass. That would be cool if you could get drunk on one beer. Well maybe not. Just in this situation it would be sweetass.

Bill, I am in love with "A Lack of Color" by Death Cab for Cutie. You should get "Transatlanticsim" by them, it's off the same cd. *sip* I hope you're out enjoying your new vehicle tonight!

Yesterday I was cleaning my keyboard, (wow I have an exciting life) and I popped off one of the ctrl buttons, and can't find it. It flew off and is still MIA. Now I have a ghetto keyboard. I'll be sure to update you later on the situation. Ciao bitches.

1 comment:

Bill B. said...

Whew Katie sheesh I tried to come in around 10 last night but you were here so I went to bed. Yeah I was cruising all mofo day. I'm glad you had good music going though. You'll never believe what song started playing when I first got in the Blazer... Use me by Bill Withers, and we just talked about that and you really never hear it on the radio. I was like must be a sizzign......that's a shame that jenn uses you as a novelty act. We have to be nice to her about her accent because she's crazy and will yell at us. Anyhow talk to you later hater.