Thursday, November 18, 2004

Every Junkie's Like a Setting Sun

I tried going to sleep at midnight, but I ended up reading for an hour, and now can't fall asleep. I got out two Kurt Vonnegurt books from the library today - Mother Night and Hocus Pocus. I had never heard of either of them, but they didn't have Cat's Cradle or Breakfast of Champions, so I had to get something. I started Mother Night and I really like it so far. It's about a guy who committed war crimes in Germany during World War II. That's all I know so far, I'm only about 30 pages into it. But that's enough of my book report.

I nearly had three heart attacks tonight and my throat still hurts from screaming. Carly, Emily and I now have a fourth roommate, a brown mouse. A very tiny mouse, but a mouse nonetheless. I was not aware of how scared I was of a small mouse. I was laying down on the couch watching tv when I saw him scamper across the room. I screamed so loud, then Emily started screaming even louder so our neighbors down the hall that we've never met came down to make sure we were ok. I think they thought we were being raped or something. Carly's ex boyfriend and Emily's sort of boyfriend both came over to look for the mouse, but they couldn't catch it. Then we discovered that the mouse keeps running into our utility closet, which has a hole that goes into my room. Great! I no longer feel safe in my own apartment. Emily went to stay at Jake's, so on the plus side, I can play music loud now that she's not here. But something needs to be done about that mouse. I'm too much of a pansy to be sharing my apartment with him.

I took my test from Mazen, and got a 100%. Fuck yeah bitches. I also officially declared Political Science as my minor.

This weekend is going to be fun. Tomorrow Emily and I are going to get trashed while watching the OC, Friday she's buying Elf and we're just going to stay in and drink, since she has work at 8 am. Then on Saturday Sister comes here along with my friend Joel. Joel is supposedly taking us to this party where a band is playing and he "can get us in for free because he knows the band" but we'll see if that actually happens. I'll probably write about the weekend on Sunday and none of this will have happened. I'm not Nodstradomus, so get off my back.

It was fucking humid out today. It wasn't just normal humid. It was more like this-is-June-and-85-degrees-out humid. It is November, right? It wasn't really 85, but it was 63, which is pretty equal to 85 considering normally at this time of year it's about 20 degrees out. My hair looked normal and fine when I left for class this morning and after the 20 minute walk to campus, it was gigantic. Fro'ing and curling all over the place. It was the kind of weather when you could have just taken a shower 15 minutes ago, but the minute you step outside you feel all sticky and sweaty and gross and want to take another shower. Mother Nature, I'm enjoying the nice weather we've been having in November, but enough with the humidity. I can't take it anymore, and neither can my hair. I don't need to look anymore atrocious than I normally do. Thank you.

Jenn's gone for 5 days. I wish you could use your brother's computer lady! But have fun partying it up this weekend. Give me a ringy-ding-ding when you get a chance. And a picture! We'll miss you on here! Only 3 more school days left until my Thanksgiving vacation starts. I'm not really excited to be home from Tuesday until Sunday, but at least I get to work, go out for coffee with Megan, eat some good food for once, drink my parent's liquor with Keri, watch MXC with J.P, see some friends that I haven't seen in months like Matty Fatty and Jackie, and see my favorite cousin Maeve on Thanksgiving. Maybe I am looking forward to it. Thanksgiving break is always the test for how well I'll get along with my family over Winter break which is 10 times longer. At least Emily will be staying here in DeKalb so I'll have an escape to go to when I need to get out.

Damnit, I meant to make this post really short because I wanted to get back to bed so I would get at least 10 hours of sleep. I'll lay down and then end up reading until 4 am I bet. Kurt Vonnegurt, bitches.

No comments: