Saturday, February 12, 2005

Avenues All Lined With Trees

There's a starman, waiting in the sky, he'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.

So today was a pretty good day. Emily and I had decieded to get our noses pierced again, but we were going to wait until Wednesday to do so. On Wednesday Emily is going to an Internship Fair here at school, and she wanted to wait until after it was over to get it done. Today when I woke up at 4:00 pm (I'm awesome) there was a note on the table saying, "Katie we're getting our noses pierced today!" When she got back from shopping, I asked her why she wanted to get it done today, and not after the Internship Fair, and she goes, "If someone doesn't want to hire me just because of my nose pierceing, then that's pretty fucking lame." I couldn't have said it better myself if I tried. So by 5:30 we were off to get it done, and we were done in 15 minutes. Emily was about to shit her pants because she thought it would hurt really bad, but I was fine, because as I always say, nothing will hurt more than my tattoo, so piercings don't scare me at all. Maybe childbirth will hurt more, but I plan on taking as much drugs as they'll legally give me, so I figure I can deal with that. So now, two years after I got it done for the first time, I now have my nose pierced again. And it's not a fucking hoop, for those of you that think I'm a dyke (coughJenncough), it's just a tiny diamond stud. This bling-bling cost me a whopping $17.50 total for the stud and piercing. Who's going to bitch about that? Certainly not me.

Then afterwards Emily and I went to Wal-Mart, so I can finally get some food and not live solely off of pasta. My mom gives me $100 a month for food, but I only spend $50 of on food. I had basically already spend $50 at ISU last weekend, and if I had spent the whole $100 I would be almost broke by now. So thanks for that extra $50 Mom. I always said you were my favorite mom ever, and this time I really mean it. There's only two weeks left in February anyways, so I think I can deal with what I have until March. And if not, oh well, that $50 was well spend on beer, cigarettes and pizza. I wouldn't regret it even if you told me that was the last $50 I'd ever spend in my life.

Even though I had just bought food, we went to Wendy's after Wal-Mart for dinner. We ordered four things off the dollar menu (oh how I love you, Value Menu) and ended up getting two hamburgers for free, even though we had ordered no hamburgers. Before they realized what they had done, Emily sped out of there. Thank you Wendy's, for make my dinner even more awesomatic than planned.

I didn't go out tonight because I'm that cool, but hopefully, hopefully, Kelly, my old roommate is coming up tomorrow. I always have a shitload of fun with Kelly so I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm not going to hold my breath, because she's bailed on my before. Kelly is the one who found my address by calling my mom at home, and then coming into my apartment and scaring the living daylights out of me, so I'm hoping she surprises me.

I only went to two classes this week. Out of nine. What the fuck is wrong with me? I start class everyday at 2:00 and end at 4:45, except for Mondays when I have a night class from 6-8:40. I start at 2:00 and still don't go to them? Most of the time I wake up for them, but then just lay around and watch tv, instead of going. It's not like I have an 8:00 am class that I just can't get up for. I start at 2:00 pm. 2:00 fucking PM and I can't manage to work up the energy to go. Can you imagine me in the "real world" when I'm working 9-5 (and singing Dolly Parton all the time)? It's going to absolute mayhem I tell you, ABSOLUTE MAYHEM. And then when I have kids that have to be up for school at 7:00 am 5 days a week? Christ, I get the shakes just thinking about it.

Right now I'm obsessed with Joy Division. Well I can't say obsessed because I only have two songs downloaded, but still, shut the fuck up about it. Someone needs to suggest more songs by them so I can be a Joy Division fanatic. It's been my lifelong dream. Download Ceremony or Love Will Tear Us Apart. Now, bitches.

4 comments:

Cowe said...

Katie just says she likes things because she thinks it'll make her popular. I saw a band on TV called The Bravery or something, I thought they sounded alright, and that Katie would probably want to download one of their songs.

I finally got the new Hermano. Yee-haw.

Bill B. said...

Katie steals so much from all of us and then she's like oh I liked them waaaaaaaaaaay before you did and stuff. It causes so much friction between us.

Cowe said...

Just last week, Katie was asking who Bowie was. She was getting all worked up because Bill was listening to Ziggy Stardust, and she had no idea who it was. Look at her now.

Jenn Doll said...

Katie, I read this post like right after you posted it. I don't feel like reading it again. Well, not right now. But I do remember thinking it was a great post. And funny too. I think I told you that. This stupid new comment thing sucks!