This past weekend was the Chicago Blues Fest downtown at Grant Park which basically meant that I spend most of my weekend on the train down there, sneaking beer in and sitting in the grass listening to some motherfucking awesome music. We saw John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers with guest Mick Taylor (I can now say that I've seen 1/5 of the Rolling Stones in concert), Buddy Guy (he's a blues legend and huge here in Chicago) and Mavis Staples (that lady's got the blues and she ain't afraid to show it). Buddy Guy was the highlight on Saturday night. I've wanted to see him in concert forever, and I finally got too, for free on top of it. Does it get any better? I submit that it cannot. I wore a white skirt on Thursday night there and of course stepped in mud. I'm just now washing it, so I'm pretty sure it's ruined. I will be a horrible wife and mother some day. All of my kids clothes will have mud and grasss stains on them because I wait 4 days to try to wash them out. I'm smart.
This past weekend has solidified the fact that I will never ever live anywhere but Chicago. Of course I want to travel and shit like that, but I can't imagine raising a family anywhere but the Southside of Chicago. There is so much pride on being Irish and from the Southside of Chicago that if I wasn't from here it would be really annoying. It was awesome being downtown, listening to music and looking up at the skyline that was the backdrop of my entire weekend. I can't imagine having kids and them not knowing what it means to live in Chicago. I sound like a douche bag right now, but I fucking love Chicago, so lay off me man.
So, I finally worked up the balls to call Brad, my bosses son who was going to go with me to the wedding. I left him a message on Friday and he hasn't called me back. I hate myself for getting excited and then nothing happening. But I hate him even more for not even having the balls to call me back. If you don't want to go, cool, I'm not going to throw a fit by any means. Make something up for christs sake, I wouldn't know the difference. Even if he doesn't have my number, which he should because the phone rang, it's not like it just went to the voicemail, he could easily call the store where I work and get it, or even ASK HIS FUCKING DAD. YOUR DAD IS MY BOSS, DON'T MAKE THIS SITUATION MORE AWKWARD THAN IT HAS TO BE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU. Dear lord I hope I'm drunk next time that happens.
I have a backup plan for a date though, so screw you Bradley. I hate that name anyways. You live in Illinois, not California. I think I'm going to ask this guy Brian I've been kind of seeing, that is, if my friend doesn't have a hissy fit about it. When I said "the female version of bros before hos", why did no one tell me it was "chicks before dicks"? It slipped my mind at the time until I asked my friend and she reminded me. I thought of a better one though, "sistas before mistas." And yes, it must be spelled with an -a not -er. It just makes it just much cooler. Apparently, I have too much time on my hands.
I started my math class today and we learned about interest rates. I'm pretty sure I learned this shit in 8th grade, but I'm not going to complain. I wouldn't mind if we practiced subtracting big numbers from each other because as a 21 year old I have problems with it. Pathetic, yes? Shove it up your ass.
-I'm obsessed with the new Coldplay song.
- I can't fucking wait to buy a new dress for the wedding. OPEN BAR, BITCHES.
- I miss Emily like a goddamn banshee. I haven't seen her since I left school a month ago.
- My sister has successfully gotten into bars with my ID. Hopefully she still will after I get it changed finally.
- It's sweating balls in my basement right now. TURN ON THE AIR, CHEAPSKATES.
- I watched the Royal Tennebaums last night and thought of you Bill. Did you get a new phone yet? Give me your number, Pagoda. I haven't talked to you in eons.
- Tomorrow is Tuesday and I'm pumped (do people still say that word?) Too bad I have work from 9:30-5:30 and then class from 6-8:30. I will NOT make the same mistake I did last week. I came home at 5 am and had to be up at 7 am to open the store. I felt and looked like I was dead the entire day. Not a pretty sight kids, not a pretty sight.
- I got my first sunburnt on the summer on Thursday. Life is good when your friend has a pool that you use her for.
- I want to hold your hand, bitches.