Monday, October 31, 2005

On A Bluer Ocean Against Tomorrow's Sky

1. This past week was the best week of my life. October 26th, 2005 was the best day of my life. Since I wanted to go home and watch the game with my Dad on Thursday, I wasn't expecting them to win and it didn't hit me right away with that last out Juan threw to Paulie. My friend Stephanie started crying and I was almost mad that the tears weren't coming to me. Christ, I tear up at commercials, why can't I cry when the White Sox win their first World Series in 88 years? I've since made up for it, and then some. I cried at the rally they held downtown on Friday when Frank Thomas talked to the crowd. I cried when I saw Paul Konerko holding his week old son. I cried reading articles about how wonderful the Sox work together as a team, not as indiviual superstars, in the Tribune. Now I almost feel sad that it was over so quick but I'm so glad I was able to see it. I'll be telling my grandkids about the 2005 White Sox team. Jerry Reinsdorf, if you don't offer Paul the money he deserves, and sign him for at least 5 years, I will hunt you down and kill you. Don't make me angry.

2. My mom buys me a pumpkin each year but I've never gotten around to carving it. I actually did do it this year and it looks fucking awesome. I carved out the old-school Sox logo on it and it turned out pretty damn good if I do say so myself. I made Emily take pictures of it with her digital camera, and you can bet your ass I'm going to post them on here when she gets them online.

3. I didn't go to a single class this week. Not one. Both of them were cancelled Monday, so that left only 5 I had to go to. Only 5 classes over the course of 3 days and I couldn't manage to go to any of them. I decided it was Sox Celebration Week and gave myself a week long vacation. I will never survive in the real world.

4. One of the classes I have to take is my huge history research paper one. The whole course is based around a 25 page paper and the work that goes into writing it. Our 20 page rough draft was due Saturday at noon. I had 4 pages done already for a previous assignment, but didn't start the last 16 pages until 6 pm Friday. I got 11 done that night, and wanted to wake up at 8 am to finish but of course overslept and got up at noon. I didn't finish until 5 pm Saturday and emailed it with some bull shit excuse for being late. The paper sucked ass but I did get some consolation in winning the award for Biggest Procrastinator in the Entire World. Please don't even try to compete with me.

5. I went to a bar yesterday with some friends for a Halloween party and was very original with my costume. It took me weeks to come up with such a clever idea, I didn't just put it together at the last second. I wore my AJ Pierzynski shirt and black mascara underneath my eyes so it looked like the grease outfielders wear. God I am so fucking creative. Why I didn't win first place I'll never know.

6. I will be reunited with my Sister in the Homeland in 20 days. I might be changing my return flight so we can see Dylan in Dublin on the 26th. Seeing him for the 9th time, with my sister, internationally at that. Does life get any better? I submit that it cannot. (Has anyone ever seen the comedian Brian Regan on Comedy Central? If you haven't, do it up now bitch.)

7. So how bout dem Bears? They won for the 3rd straight week and are now first in their division. Do I smell a Super Bowl in January? Probably not, but I'm getting greedy now. The Sox have spoiled me. Kyle Orton, please do something about your beard. I don't think its supposed to go that far down on your neck. You are frightening all the children.

8. Since I started my diet in September I've lost 11 pounds. Now I only look 4 months pregnant, not 5! Who knew that eating less made you lose weight? I'm going to market this new-fangled diet and make billions. The best part? I haven't changed my drinking habits at all. I drank 5 days this week and still lost 2.4 pounds. Now if that isn't the awesomest fucking thing in the entire world, I don't know what is.

9. I went to bed around 2:30 last night and woke up at 9 am in Emily's bed. She wasn't home, so it's not like I sleep-raped her, but what the fuck? One time last semester I woke up on the couch in the front room after having gone to bed in my room. And one time when I was a lot younger I sleep-walked to the back door and tried to open it to get outside. I'm going to tell Emily and Carly to start locking their doors when they go to bed at night from now on. I would flip out if someone came into my room sleep walking, and probably shit myself. (I get startled so easily its annoying.)

10. I don't know why I number the paragraphs.

2 comments:

Jenn Doll said...

1. Congratulations, again! It's so nice to hear that you've been crying 'cause you're always such a hardass. I want pictures of your tears, gahdamnit! Or at least call me and let me hear you sniff.

2. I can't wait for pictures. Who would've thought you'd carve a Whit Sox symbol? Not me. I'd never have guessed.

3. You will make it! You have to! Or at least get enough money to come party with me. I don't care if you make in this world, just party with me, Katie.

4. Well, did you fall asleep after we talked that night? After we kept promising to leave every 30 minutes? You love me, Katie! You fucking love me!

5. I remember when you told me about your costume idea. I still can't believe how fucking creative you are. Your imagination runs wild, KathrYn.

6. You're gonna come back talking like them. I can feel it coming.

7. You can be greedy if you want. GO 49'ers! (I don't even pay attention anymore, but so what?)

8. Well, at least ONE of us is doing it. Our conversation the other day was so depressing. I've been eating nothing but candy since. It was good therapy.

9. When I come see you, I'm SO staying in a hotel. I don't wanna wake up with you groping me and drooling everywhere.

10. 'Cause you're a douchebag.

HMT said...

next time I visit, will we get some in and trade off high-fives?

that sounds really good to me.