Things I Learned Over the Weekend:
1. When cooking bacon in the oven, be careful when you take it out not to spill really hot grease all over your fucking foot. Also, I scream in a really high pitched voice when being burned.
2. If you are already sick and have a sore throat, having a pack of cigarettes and screaming at the top of your lungs for the 80's cover band at the bar will make you sound like a hoarse man for the rest of the week.
3. I really won't die if I don't have a cigarette for 2 days. Two down, the rest of my life to go. Wish me luck.
Things I Miss:
1. My mom offering to make me chicken noodle soup when I'm sick. And by "make" I mean heating up a can of Campbell's.
2. Being able to see my brother and sister. I haven't seen Keri since September 17th and J.P since August 17th. Being sibling-less is not cool. I have all these pent-up Tommy Boy and Wayne's World lines burning a hole in my mouth. MUST. GET. THEM. OUT. SOON.
3. Baseball. At least the Bears are winning, and that's fucking awesome, but only one game a week is not satisfying my cravings. Plus there's no Joe Crede and Paul Konerko.
Things I Have to Do Before November 17th:
1. The final draft of my 25 page research paper.
2. Three two page papers for my sociology class.
3. A five page book review for another history class. When will I start all this? November 16th.
Favorite Songs of the Moment:
1. One of These Things First - Nick Drake
2. Lips Like Sugar - Echo and the Bunnymen
3. Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Belle and Sebastian
1. Why is it still 65 degrees? In November. In Northern Illinois. I don't understand it. I'm not complaining, but it's just weird.
2. Ariel, I hope your trailer didn't get blown to pieces by the tornado and that you are safe and sound. Also, I just looked at my old text messages the other day and saw the ones you sent me the night of the Sox game. I don't remember much of that night, so I'm sorry I didn't reply.
3. Why am I a dumbass? I sent out the bill to Comcast and forget to put the check in it. I impress myself more and more every day. Maybe that's why my internet decided to go out in the middle of writing this post. Fuck you Comcast.
Things I'm Looking Forward To:
1. Going to Ireland to see Kerianne in 12 (!!!) days. Holy shit, somebody get me some Xanax right now so I don't die on the plane ride. That wouldn't be cool.
2. Drinking a Guinness in a pub with my sister. Have I mentioned that? How I'm so fucking excited to see my sister? Like so excited I start hyperventilating when I think about it? No? Yes? One more time, just to clarify. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY SISTER. Keri, please leave a comment verifiying this so I don't look like as much of a creepshow or something. Do it or I'll tell Mom how you give free beejers to homeless guys.
3. Breathing normally and sounding like the goddamn lady I am again.
Favorite Memories of the Weekend:
1. The C10 reunion of a bunch of people who lived on my floor freshman year Thursday night. Talking about how stoned we were all of the time, or how we got busted by the cops all those times or how we stole the furniture from the other floors and put them in our lounge and got a $50 fine per item never gets old.
2. Threatening to hit the short guy in the balls the next time he "forgot" and touched my stomach again, after telling him not to 400 times. Short people are stupid.
3. Dancing with Jose the Astros fan who I had met the night the Sox won the World Series and rubbing it in his face that his team lost. That never gets old either.
4. Going over the Nick and Mikes after the bar and staying until 5:00 am learning how to play Euchere (sp?). Do we know how to throw down or what, bitches.