1. My IPod is delightful. The love of my life. Probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. I have conversations while listening to it, Keri and I go outside and have a cigarette sharing the earphones (c'mon, you gotta when "A Whole New World" or Rufus singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" comes on), while reading my new book and pretty much everywhere else. I mean I knew it was going to be awesome but not THIS AWESOME. God I'm obsessed.
2. Holy shit, I just realized the enter key works now. Plus we have a new computer at home with a CABLE CONNECTION. But most importantly THE ENTER KEY WORKS. I just got unnessecarily excited.
3. So I graduated on Saturday, but didn't find out my grades until today, and was seriously worried about failing two of my classes, especially Anthropology. I was trying to prep my parents about that happening, but praise the lord, that wasn't even nessecary. I got a D, and immediatley called my dad and mom to give them the good news. It probably would have been better if either of them had picked up. I've never been prouder of a D and I'm not ashamed to admit it(I got a B in Bowling, I know you're all curious). I was more excited today after seeing my grades than I was Saturday. Okay not really, but now I feel like I can REALLY celebrate.
4. My birthday was pretty good too, Thursday night was fun, it being kind of the last hurrah with my friends at NIU. Then Keri and I were party animals and stayed in and drank a little on Friday (shut up, I had to be up at 6:30) with my brother and mom too, who if you're wondering "is not a fan of Keystone". Sorry I didn't splurge on some Natty Light like J.P did when you drank with him at his frat ( yeah I said it. FRAT) last week. We can't all be ballas.
5. I've been home for 4 days and already I want to assasinate my mom. Today she walked into the kitchen and said to my brother, "COULD YOU HAVE ANYMORE CABINET DOORS OPEN?" I mean, I can't believe he has no idea how expensive or dangerous open cabinet doors are. SOMEBODY COULD POKE THEIR EYE OUT. Worst of all, there's no light at the end of the tunnel this time. I'm probably home for at least a year, which I'm thinking is the minimun and it better be the maximun too. For the sake of my mom's livelihood. And my sanity.
6. I haven't quit smoking yet but I'm working on it. My friend Diana however claims to have quit, but bummed 6 from me last night. That is not how it works. Just because you're too cheap to support your habit does not mean I have to start picking up the tab. I don't know if she thinks this is going to happen all summer, but it is not. It most definitley is not.
7. I was just listening to my ipod (surprise!) and talking to Jenn at the same time and that audioblog she did of me talking when I was drunk forever ago came on. I have no idea how it got on my ipod or even how to get rid of it. Holy shit that was weird. And the timing too. Crazy man.
8. Emily's mom and stepdad gave me a $25 gift certificate to Border's for graduation, which was the perfect present for me. I ended up getting two books (The Red Tent and My Sister's Keeper, if you care, which I know you don't) but while there the book The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini was everywhere. I read it in December and now it's probably one of my favorite books ever. I have a lot of favorite books, but for some reason, just seeing it made me wish I had never read it so I could enjoy it and love it all over again for the first time. That sounds weird (and kind of creepy) but it was a fucking good book. I've felt this way about other books, but never as much with this one. And I'm going to stop now. But read The Kite Runner before I kill you.
9. Starting November 13th I owe the government $16,000. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I was expecting $20,000. Because $16,000 is totally chump change.
10. Dude, I'm a 22 year old college gradaute. It was a good weekend.