Monday, May 08, 2006

The One Where She Goes On and On and On and On

I've only used one pen all semester, I actually haven't lost it, no one borrowed it and never returned it, and it didn't run out of ink. I've thought about it all semester (I think about stupid shit), and wondered how long it was going to last. As I was in my last class of my college life Thursday afternoon, filling out the last teacher evaluation of my college life, the pen ran out of ink. Coincidence? I think not.

Thursday was the big night out here, since no one had classes Friday. I ended up losing my roommates in the crowded bar, but found my friends from my bowling class shortly after. A bunch of us when back to her place, in the complete opposite direction of my place, and I ended up sleeping over there on one of the couches. I never thought to call my roommates to tell them I wasn't coming home, because, well they're not my parents. I woke up in the morning to a voicemail from Carly and two text messages from Emily, asking where I was, I was worrying them, and to call them as soon as possible. This is going to sound queer, but to know that they were both so worried about me made me realize I have the best roommates. And to think that we randomly found Carly to live through an ad in the newspaper. A random roommate from freshman year and a random newspaper ad-answerer were now people that worried about me when I didn't come home. How sweet it is to be loved by you.

Emily and I have drank a lot this past week (and not one sleep-walking episode!), every day except for Wednesday. As she put it, "I'm finally the roommate you always wanted." It only took you four years.

On Friday I saw my friend Susan at the bar, and she asked me old I was. I said 21, and she goes, "Oh, I want to introduce you to my cousin, he's 30 years old." Jesus, how old did you think I was Susan? I mean, not like 30's THAT old, but still. So him and I were talking, and I asked if he was a Cubs or Sox fan, and he gave some bullshit that he's a "Chicago fan", not that into baseball, football is his thing. He asked me, and I said Sox (Southsiiiiide reprsent) and that the game today made me angry, we came so close in the 9th, but then ended up losing and I "didn't want to talk about it." The way I said it, I was totally kidding, but Susan told me later he thought he blew his chances with me because I said that. Then I realized that maybe people do take seriously what I say and that I should be careful so I don't come off bitchy, but c'mon. He was shorter than me anways.

My mom told me they made the invitations for my party the other day, and they put a picture of me on my first day of kindergarden on it. Thanks mom. I was telling her how I have a take home final due Tuesday, and I haven't read either of the three books for it. She says, "Geez Kate, you gotta get your act together, you can't be waiting til the last second to do all this stuff." It's a little too late for the stop-procrastinating spchel (is that a word? I totally spelled it wrong, what now) Mom. I've gotten through 16 years of school just fine. Things ain't gonna change the last week.

Conan starts his Chicago shows tomorrow and I still never got tickets. Stupid bastard.

I'm totally going to Lollapalooza this summer with Keri to see the Frames and a shitload of other bands. And if Bill goes, I get to meet him and make Jenn totally jealous. I'm also going to this thing called Summer Camp with some friends from home over Memorial Day weekend. Finding out they would have showers was the selling point for me because no way am I going camping for four days without showering. I wasn't going to go to save money for Lollapalooza, but then my friends threatened to never talk to me again, so I guess I have no other choice.

I'll stop now regalling (is that the right word? probably not) you all with lame ass stories and start studying. Lastly though, some things people have searched for and found my blog through: "little sister bigger boobs" (please contact me, person - we can share the same sob story), "girl give me your phone no i want to fuck you" (I don't even want to ask), "a clockwork orange symbolism milk" (sorry, don't know how to help you out there), "I want someone to rub my feet" (no) and "i want the world of hurray potter" (twice no less, and that is not as typo. sorry, never heard of 'hurray' potter).

This week I turn 22 and graduate college all within 24 hours. Jesus christ, somebody get me a Xanax.

5 comments:

Rat In A Cage said...

Since this rivals War & Peace, I'll have to read it later. Some of us have jobs to get to in the morning. HAHAHA! Enjoy your final days of freedom! I'll read this tonight.

HMT said...

saw previews for conan's shows in Chicago.

that shit's gonna be hilarious!

mr T on the river!

Rat In A Cage said...

First of all, your ChiSox are really kicking ass on everyone. Congratulations. Doesn't look like any Sophmore jinx or spring training carry over problems at all. Cool for you.

Freaky on the pen.

Well, now that I have read the rest not much to add.

Congratulations!!!

Bill B. said...

Katie I am also in need of some Xanax seriously.....i did the unthinkable and winkwinkquitmyjobwinkwink and now I'm in a panic....supposedly you should have a friggen job waiting on you when you quit one.....geez all these rules......anyhow gang member......they are trying to get me back.....so if this all goes down the Billster is definitely coming to Billapalooza. I am a retard.

BUMBLE!!! said...

Enjoy the world of the adults (as opposed to the world of those who aren't teenagers, can drink, and are still in that magical "the bills aren't due - YET" stage) as long as you can... time flies fast too, so have fun with the job hunt!!