1. My graduation party was on Saturday and I'm glad to say it was an awesome party. Playing flippy cup with my friends, dad, uncles and 10 year old cousins, 12 cases of beer, a dance party that ended at 5 as the sun was coming up, enough leftovers to feed a small army, nice weather and everyone giving me cards that had checks in them made for a good time.
2. I just got overly excited that Mariah Carey's Dream Lover came on my iPod. This song reminds me of being in fourth grade, my best friend Megan and the swimming pool both of our families belonged to back them. Oh the memories.
3. I am obsessed with the Raconteur's album Broken Boy Solider. Each song I listen to is my favorite, until the next song comes on, and then that one's my favorite. The last cd I was obsessed with this much was the Postal Service's Give Up and that was about a year and a half ago. Even though this band is getting enough press as it is because Jack White's in it, it's mainly because IT'S THAT FUCKING GOOD. I feel the need to promote it as well, so go out and buy it. Holy shit I can't wait to see them at Lollapalooza in August.
4. Today I went back to DeKalb with my mom, dad and J.P to move the rest of my shit out. We needed to kill time until rush hour was over, so we went into some of the stores in town. I ended up buying a DVD at Best Buy (Bob Dylan's Dont Look Back), a shirt and pants at Old Navy and two books (The Curious Incident of the Dog at Night-Time and The Bell Jar) and a magazine just because Bob Dylan was on the cover. Budgeting? I have no idea what that word means. At least my mom couldn't yell at me, because she did the same thing, only she bought fake flowers at Michael's and hand soap on sale at Bath and Body Works. I'm pretty sure I'm my mother's daughter most of the time, but other times, I'm not so sure.
5. GRAY HAIR. Why do some people have to have GRAY HAIR.
6. My best friend Megan came in for the party Saturday and brought me a present. Inside the bag was a White Sox Uno card game, and a Us Weekly magazine that had Angelina on the cover and was "ALL ABOUT BABY!", along with balloons to put in front of the house. It's weird to realize how well someone can know you, that they know how much joy a stupid trash magazine will bring you. Having a best friend is awesome.
7. I think my left ear is smaller than my right ear because the headphone thingy won't stay in it. Someone get me a custom made headphone, pronto. Ok, last thing about the iPod. I hate listening to it when I go have a cigarette at night by myself because I feel like I'm not "aware of my surroundings" (god that sounds like I'm afraid of being raped in my backyard or something). But apparently when Rufus Wainwright comes on when I'm out there, I just dance by myself. I hope all my neighbors were all asleep.
8. The Blues Fest is this weekend and I'm fuck ass excited about it. Even though there aren't any big names this year, it'll still be fun sitting around drinking listening to good music. Hot time, summer in the city. I love Chicago.
9. I joined Weight Watchers on Thursday, and did good on the point system for one day. This week was not a good week to join, but I SWEAR I'm getting back on track tomorrow. I'm not fucking wasting $11 a week to get fatter. And plus the next time my 12 year old cousin tells me I "got fat" I'm going to fucking punch him in the face. Or start crying to my mom and Megan when I get drunk later that night, same thing.
10. Stupid 10th subject. I can't think of anything else to write, and Jenn's being no help. You'd think between a whitey and a mexi we could think of something, but apparently not. All I know is I'm missing Cheap Seats talking about an old Spelling Bee Championship, so I'm going back upstairs. Stay out of the alleys, bitches.