Thursday, July 12, 2007

Back To Black

I know songs in commercials are a big deal for some people, but I've gotten into some good songs through that medium, so I don't mind it. The latest one is an M&M's commercial with The The's This Is the Day. I'd heard the song before, but now can't stop listening to it on YouTube, where the video is. Also, I don't who's ballsy-er, The Band or The The. I think The Band. Ain't nobody got bigger balls than Robbie Robertson.

I'm seeing Dylan this Sunday for the first time in about three years, in Indianapolis. Will got me these tickets for my birthday but now I'm going with Diana instead because she has a friend down there we can stay with. Sure there's going to be a screaming three month old baby, we have to sleep on the floor and Diana will probably make me listen to the Grateful Dead/Widespread Panic/String Cheese Incident the entire ride down there, but I'll take any of those over two days of Will bitching about his job and me pretending to care by nodding a lot and saying "yeah" and/or "that sucks" about 8400 times all the while screaming in my head NOBODY LIKES THEIR JOB PLEASE SHUT UP. And they call it puppy loooo-uh-uh-vveeee. So anyways, Dylan! Yay! The eternal question: Will I finally have his love child? I'll let you know Monday.

One more reason I wish I had HBO: Flight of the Conchords. I watched the first episode yesterday on a free podcast on iTunes and it was really funny. Why can't more things be free. Besides my love of course, because that's free for everyone! Except John Mellencamp.

One of my favorite things about summer is all the seasonal fruit that comes out, besides my brother (he's out year-round). My mom brought back some cherries and peaches from Michigan last Sunday and I am not exaggerating ONE BIT when I say they were the most delicious things ever. Seriously, it's pathetic how happy strawberries, cherries, watermelon and peaches make me - I think I'm a fruitopheliac, WARN YOUR GARDENS. My mom and I went to the farmer's market today to buy some more but I've been spoiled forever by those brilliant! cherries. Damn you Michigan DAMN YOU.

Last Saturday Diana, Lauren and I were in the Burger King drive-thru, and Lauren, sitting shotgun, jumped out of the car because she knew someone in the car ahead of us she hadn't seen in awhile. In her excitedness or something, she didn't close the car door and a minute or so later when she realized it was still open, ran back to close it really quick. She forgot the windows were down and went to close it by pushing on the window. She almost dove through the open window before catching herself and I then pee'd myself laughing. I love my friends.

1 comment:

Bill B. said...

Katers, have you watched Extras yet? If you haven't seen any of them yet you have to try to catch an episode (there's only 12 in the entire series). The one with Daniel Radcliffe from Harry Potter is absolutely drop-dead funny. Ricky Gervais is like my new Jesus at the moment.
Bob is in top form, he played guitar last month when I saw him.
Also if you have a chance to download these two songs do so...they're the greatest ever.
The Blues are still Blue by Belle & Sebastian
and Van Occupanther by Midlake.
Later